domingo, 1 de febrero de 2015

A normal Saturday

This past Saturday was for me a special one, the last one before my so long-expected vacations to my beautiful native country, Belgium. This will be the first trip for me and my newlywed husband, For him it might be a slight nervious trip because he will finally meet his parents-in-law and has been preparing himself as never before, not only learning English, but also buying clothes for the very cold weather in February and, most importantly, buying local gifts for the loved ones.

We looked for several options for each one of them and finally got the following souvenirs. The plastic and colorful bags for my grandma, mum, sister and beloved 4 year old niece. I already look forward to receive their picture actually using the bags to go to the supermarket!


The lion puzzle is for my nephew, Leon, which means lion in Spanish, The two plates are an example of "Huichol art", elaborated by the Huichol and Coras who dwell in the Sierra Madre Occidental. Beautiful figures representing the gods of the sun, rain and others. The small hand painted clay cross is another example of real Mexican folk art. This one we bought for my 81 year old grandpa.


And specially for my dad we bought some real Mexican herbs and special mixes for Mexican cooking. He really adores to cook so these spices might give him a total new inspiration for some great meals! I will certainly let you know what he makes from it!


So, now we only need to get all of this stuff with all the clothes in two small pieces of luggage and get on that plane to arrive to my favourite country, my amazing family, that I miss so much! But nevertheless, it is too amazing to get to know so many new things in another country, that I would not exchange anyone's life for mine here in Mexico (at this moment). Who knows where the wind will bring us?!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario